Thursday, July 2, 2009

A Dunducson Dite & More

What do you get when you cross a pile of sand with a plastic "scoop"?

In the eyes of a 2 year old, it is a perfect Dunducson Dite.

Or more commonly known as a Construction Site.

Here he is eyeing the pool.

Even that crystal clear water does not have the power to pull him away from these Mighty Machines. That is big because he most certainly was a fish for a good portion of our time there.

He must have worked really hard...

In other news...

Ella has been testing her joke making skills.

For the most part they are pretty bad. She is sort of stuck on the "Why did the chicken cross the road?" bit.

One time she made up a joke for her dad...

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Because he wanted to see the Tarheels. (Kyle is a huge Tarheel fan) So that was not so much funny, but cute.

But the other day at lunch she says to me, "Why did the chicken cross the road?"

Me~ Why?

Ella~ He wanted to see the doctor about his chicken pox!

I thought that was a pretty clever joke for a 5 year old!

I have two other cute "sayings" from Elijah that while I don't particularly appreciate this sort of talk from my kids, it was shocking and hilarious at the time! It must be documented!

The ceiling fan in my parents living room leaves much to be desired. It will be running completely normal and then all of a sudden makes this awful grinding sound. You couldn't help but be bothered by it whenever it did it. So, the last night that we were there we were all sitting down to eat dinner and I had to continually tell Elijah to eat his food. He was just not participating at all! After about 20 mins of this, we were all finished but him and still sitting around the table when all of a sudden, as clear as could be, he says, "That's annoying."

My Dad's eyes about bugged out of his head. You see, at first he thought Elijah was saying that all my pestering was annoying! I figured he was referring to the fan but still it was absolutely hilarious. I mean I cannot describe how clearly he said it. There was no doubt in anyone's mind, including Ella's, that that was what he was saying!

We all got huge laughs out of that. I blame it on Meme. Surely she was the one that taught him that word. ;)

This last one happened the day after we got back home. We were headed out on an errand and we couldn't have been a mile from the house. All of a sudden from the back seat, again clear as day, Elijah says to me, "Mom, dis is boring."

What?!?

"Buddy, what did you say?"

"Dis is boring, Mom. Dis driving is boring."

He is growing up way. too. fast.

No comments: