Well that day has come. And unfortunately this tooth fell out with a little assistance.
Take a peek at Exhibit A:
This my dear friends is a strap off a kids water bottle.
Now, what on earth does this have to do with a lost tooth, or exhibit B?
(Isn't it just too tiny?)
So, here is the story: After dinner, Ella and Elijah were doing their usual play activity. Ella pretends she is a dog, she chases Elijah, he jumps on his green truck and chases after her.
Ella must have decided this strap would make a good leash but since we tell her never put anything around her neck, she does the next best thing. In her mouth. So, she is crawling and barking, starts crying and runs in to say that she hurt her tooth. She points to the one that is really lose. The one that has another tooth growing behind it. The one that should come out first.
I then proceed to warn her. I explain that she will yank out that tooth if she isn't careful and that she shouldn't have things in her mouth.
Well, she runs off and seconds later I hear a similar scream, only much more intense and in she runs holding her tooth in her hand.
I was excited! I thought, yay, it is out! No more yuck tooth, hanging on by a thread. That stuff gives me the heebie jeebies.
Ella on the other hand is not so excited. She is still screaming and crying and carrying on like a...little girl?. I try to calm her down when I see the blood flowing out of her mouth. I take a look and low and behold it is the other tooth. The one that was barely loose. The one that probably had another month or two to go.
Now I understand why she was crying! So after much comforting and conversing about this I resort to good ole Meme. Yes, folks, it takes a phone call to my mother to really calm her down! So dramatic!!
Oh, but when she saw herself without the tooth, it was hilarious! She was then, truly excited.
Here she is holding the tooth fairy pillow that Meme made for her.
So that night Ella left a little note for the tooth fairy. Before bed she says to me, "Mom, is the tooth fairy really real? I mean, someone flies into your room at night while you're sleeping?!?"
So, here is a copy of the letter she wrote and then the response from the "tooth fairy". It was a stressful night for me, to say the least. But the next morning she woke up thrilled with the response, and the $5.00.
I wonder, what is the price for teeth these days? I think I was lucky if I got a quarter! ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment