Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Fire Museum

I have been wanting to take the kids to the Fire Museum for a long time now. I'm not real familiar with downtown and was not really sure exactly where it was located. But last week when I spent my days downtown for Jury Duty I happened to come across it. I figured I would go while downtown was still somewhat familiar to me (and Kyle's GPS was still in my car!)

Lucky me, it happened to be Two For Tuesday also. So, Elijah was already free, I bought my ticket and Ella was free. You can't beat a $6 event for three people. Especially when you travel 30 minutes to get there, pay for parking, and end up only staying for a little over an hour!


Here they are getting a fire lesson.

We did have a good time though. It was perfect for Ella or her age anyway. She enjoyed it and it was a great learning adventure. Elijah liked it as well but he couldn't understand why I wouldn't let him sit on all the fire trucks! I guess that is pretty cruel to a truck-lovin' 2 year old.


They have a real neat play area there though (thankfully). So we spent most of our time in there.

Driving the fire truck!

Here is Ella sliding down the fire pole!



They also had this maze there that you could go through. It was pretty neat. You have to crawl like you would in a fire, and you have 2 minutes to go out. You are supposed to touch eat door and only exit if the door is cool. If you don't an alarm will go off. But during the whole thing, a different alarm is going off, I guess to simulate a smoke alarm.

There was a daycare there with a group of kids of various ages. They did the maze and were pretty loud and excited. That scared Ella a bit and she decided not to do the maze this time. We'll have to try that next time.

Here they are at the entrance. He is absolutely beside himself!

The only bad thing...over the next few days, all Elijah could talk about was fire.
Each day there is a fire in his closet and he is too scared to go to bed.
Crazy kid.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Great pics! My kids always loved going to the Fire Museum. Did you guys go in that crazy room where it shows you how fast a fire can get started? That freaks them out every time!

Danielle said...

I was too scared myself to go in there! I read that sign to Ella and she freaked out and I thought, heck, I'm not sure I would like that either! What exactly does it do?