Friday, July 24, 2009

Who Would Have Thought....

this item would bring so much joy and entertainment?
What is it, you ask?
A tent of course.
For a crib.

When Elijah was about 18 months old he fell out of his crib. Well, I say fell but we never actually heard the thud. It was more like he slid out.

I was reading to Ella when all of a sudden I heard him pounding on his door and crying. I was so confused! He was fine but scared to death! So, really I have no idea how he got out of his bed but I knew I wasn't ready to convert his bed!

So I broke down and bought this thing. We had it for about 2-3 months when it got a hole in it! Ugh. Walmart was kind enough to replace it and wouldn't you know this one ripped too?!?

Oh, well, we continued to use it and it served it's purpose for sure. But I decided it was probably time to remove it and teach Elijah how important it is for him to NOT climb out of bed. At first he didn't want me to take it off.
"I need dat dent Mom."

After one experience without it though he was fine. He got up from his nap and said, "I don't need dat dent anymore."

So, originally I left it intact so that I could put it back on if he tried climbing out. I just threw it in his closet and forgot about it. Well, after a few days without it I decided we no longer needed it so I threw it downstairs.

I'm sure you know what happened.





It's become another piece of furniture for our living room.
I can't get rid of it.
Yesterday morning they played in it for at least an hour. We all know what a peaceful hour of play does for a momma.
Oh, and all these pictures were taken yesterday, about a week or so after the tent came downstairs! It is daily fun, not just a one time thing!!

No comments: