While we were in Florida we headed down to Jon and Nicole's house for the baby shower. We left early Friday morning and came back Sunday afternoon. Short and busy trip. So Friday we spent the afternoon chatting and fixing yummy cupcakes.
Don't they look yummy?
Friday evening we went to Bennihana's. I had never been there. It was great. Ella loved it of course and she did a good job on her food too. She was Coco's girl this entire trip. She loved using her chop sticks just like the rest of us.
In the beginning Elijah was a bit of a mess. He was really hungry and I only grabbed a few small things as we headed out the door. So, he was cranky and wouldn't just eat what I had for him.
I was beginning to get worried. They brought me my soup and then my rice and he asked for a bite of each. So, I gave him some onion soup!?! He did NOT like that! But I handed him some chopsticks and the bowl of rice and he ate. and ate. and ate.
It was insane. We couldn't believe it. I mean there are just way too many things wrong with this!
1. Elijah does not eat white rice. Any rice for that matter.
2. Elijah doesn't do much eating at all really unless it involves sugar. I mean this kid was consistently eating for about 20 minutes. He ate 3/4 of a huge bowl of rice!
3. Chopsticks? Rice with chopsticks? Need I say more?
When we left the restaurant his outfit had changed from blue jean shorts and a blue shirt to polka dots. White rice polka dots. No picture of that, you'll just have to trust me.
The entertainment was awesome also. Our chef was so good. He was so kind and great with the kids, especially Ella. She was begging to go back the next day for breakfast!
Before the shower Jon and Nicole took Ella to breakfast at the beach and then she played in the water for a bit.
Saturday morning was the shower. It was cute. Everyone had a great time and Nicole and Jon came out with a bunch of great stuff. They are pretty much set, I think. Jon and my Dad took Elijah to a waterpark during the shower. I hear he had a great time. This time I have to just trust them. Again no pictures. :(
Shower pictures, yes. Here are some shower pictures.
Opening the outfit Ella picked out for Spencer.
The quilt Meme made for Spencer's room.
I think Ella was impressed. She is looking right at her Meme here!
Reading the goofy card I picked out!
Our big gift. A much needed pack 'n play.
Sunday we celebrated Father's Day and Dad's birthday. Nicole made everyone breakfast. She also found this really nice chair at IKEA that she knew he would just love. So, we got him that and he was thrilled! It may look like she did all the work but I did help him put the chair together once we got back home! ;)
We had a great trip. It was way too short. I can't wait to go back in a few weeks and meet that nephew of mine! Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment