So, off we headed and our first trouble arose.
I forgot the camera.
I actually went back in the house to get it once the kids were buckled in and decided to grab a bottle of water also. You can guess what happened next. I didn't realize it until we were half-way downtown and running a little later than we wanted. I talked myself out of being mad by figuring they wouldn't allow picture taking anyway. When Ella and I went to see the Celtic Woman they said no photography allowed, hence my hunch.
Well, I was wrong. Evidently that was just the Celtic Woman's deal. People were snapping pictures left and right. The best we could do was Kyle's cell phone.
A little grainy but will suffice.
So, at first he was mesmerized. When Scrabbler and Scoop came out, he thought that was great.
For about 8 seconds.
Literally.
He decided it was more entertaining to bounce around in his seat. During intermission we decided to get him one of those toys that spin around and light up. About every child in there had one and we thought it might give him something to do during the boring parts.
For the most part that worked. Until he caught a piece of hair from the woman seated in front of us! Geez. Can we take this kid anywhere?!? How embarrassing.
We left early. We all had had enough. I mean, why does everything have to have an agenda?? The entire "episode" was to encourage us to "go green."
What 2 year old finds that entertaining? I mean build something Bob!!!
We headed outside and decided to take a tram ride and enjoy downtown. We rode the tram for a good 30 minutes and it was far more entertaining than Bob.
Overall it was a good day.
But we will think twice before going to a character show again.







No comments:
Post a Comment