It has been a slow start to potty training. We are sort of just getting our feet wet. No pun intended.
Elijah has just not been interested. At. All. We've talked about it, we've introduced the potty chair, we've tried to convince him to be a "big boy" like Daddy.
He's just NOT interested.
Not one bit.
So last week Ella was at VBS all week so I tried during those morning hours to get him interested. I started the first day by bringing out all kinds of salty/sweet snacks and treats as well as a Capri-Sun.
Nope. It's like he knows what I'm doing!
He was not interested in eating or drinking that special drink at all!
Well, I did not give up and I started eating some of the crackers, finally he joined me. I left him in only his t-shirt and we hung out near the potty chair for a few.
Nothing.
Finally I brought out the treat box.
Well, that resulting in begging and whining for those endearing little peeps left over from Easter. I let him take one little taste. Then another. Then I gave up.
I went about my business making sure he stayed in the kitchen or toy room.
Suddenly I hear what sounds like a small boy trying to do #2. I ran in there, put him on the chair and he did it! He was a little weirded out by it but proud that he was able to eat those last 2 bites of the peep.
Here is how he likes to chill in his chair.
I decided to pull out his new Thomas underwear and see if he liked the thought of wearing them. Here is his initial reaction.
Does he look happy?
Maybe not but I can't get over how grown up he looks!!
Embarrassed maybe?
Finally!
Happy, excited, smiling!
He's a big boy!
Well, I'll get back to you on that one. Hopefully he'll start to show more interest and we can be rid of diapers in this house.
No comments:
Post a Comment