Can it be? EIGHT years? That is insane. Seems like yesterday.
That is until I came across this picture! It is grainy because it is not digital and I scanned it. But doesn't it look dated? I mean our wedding was pretty simple but the flowers there and the cake look so old!
I can't really describe it and even though it was 2001 it just looks so 90's to me!
It was an absolutely wonderful day though. I don't think a single thing went wrong that day. I did have a moment of panic right before. Every girl that was in the wedding as well as my mother and wedding coordinator were in this one room together getting ready. Well as we were about to start they naturally all walked out to line up and I was left ALL ALONE! I don't know why but tears welled up in my eyes maybe because I just then realized how big this was! Right before what could have been a major disaster of overflowing tears, my wedding coordinator came back in! No longer alone! Whew!
As Elijah would say, "Dat was a cwose one."
This is one of my favorite pictures of the two of us. This was right after the wedding, in the car, we are headed to the reception. Hard part over, now let's have some fun! Kyle, I loved you then and love you now. Thank you for the past 8 years together. I hope to have many, many more!!
Have we changed?!?
We were down in Florida for our anniversary so we were actually able to go out together! We chose to have a nice, quiet dinner and then head to a movie. I don't think I've been to the theater with Kyle since I was pregnant with Ella.
The time I fell asleep. Like 30 minutes into the movie. And I believe it was one of the Star Wars movies! Or was it Lord of the Rings? Either way, you get the idea.
So this was a nice treat and we had a great time. The food was good, our waitress was WONDERFUL, so sweet. The movie was hilarious. I just love Sandra Bullock. And now I am a new fan of Ryan Reynolds. Cute, cute movie.
Our lives have sure changed in the past 8 years. I can no longer remember life without kids. Is that sad? I want to have a life outside of my kids and this evening I realized that we really need to make time to date again.
Another thing added to my "To Do List".
Find a babysitter. Pronto.





No comments:
Post a Comment