Monday, June 1, 2009

Boys Do That


This is just an Elijah funny. He is too bright, let me tell you. And maybe all 2nd children get viewed this way, but sometimes the things he does shock me. I guess I still view him as a baby.


He is really talking a lot lately and much more clearly. So, one morning the kids were watching tv and this little barn you see was sitting on the floor near the tv.


I notice Elijah trying to stand on top of the barn and I say, "Elijah I'm not so sure you should be doing that. That looks a little dangerous."


Without a thought he responds, "No Mom, boys do that."



Did that just come out of the mouth of my 2-year-old?

A few minutes later he is doing it again and he looks at me and says, "That's what boys do."

So, I respond with "Where did you learn that?"

His response, "Um, me."




One more funny....

This morning the kids were eating breakfast and Elijah announces that he is full. He hands me his plate and says, "Look." It's an empty plate so I say, "Good job, Buddy. Let me get your hands cleaned up."

After I had finished cleaning his hands and face he picks up his cup (which hadn't been wiped off yet and was sticky) and I said, "Oh, no, no, no."

Well, I just realized I have to back-up a little...we used to do this silly thing acting like cats and I would say (think "shave and a hair cut. two bits.") , "Meow, meow, meow, meow, meow" And he would respond, "Meow, meow."

So, back to this morning, I said, "No, no, no, no, no."

His response?

"Yes, yes."

Brilliant.

No comments: