Saturday, October 9, 2010

Horse Party


It was sudden.
It was genuine.
It was intense.

What exactly am I talking about?
Ella's love for horses of course.

Actually the interest started about 6-8 months ago. She let me know early on that she wanted a horse party for her next party. Honestly I didn't think it would stick. I even on numerous occasions tried to give her other ideas to sway her. We toyed with a Wizard of Oz party and also Charlotte's Web. She continually went back to horses. However, she never played with horses or requested horses for toys, etc. It was all very odd.

However when we began planning her party she did immediately fall head over heels in love with horses. The party was a hit. The only downside to it was that I had planned to have the entire event outside and hoped and prayed for warm, dry, sunny weather. Well it happened, a little warmer than I would have liked. It was 93 degrees. In October. Gotta love Memphis.

We had a good size turnout of friends even though her 3 best friends couldn't make it :( She still had a blast and I don't think I could have handled another kid ;)

I didn't get pictures in the beginning...man did these kids come in just itchin' for some entertainment!! In the past at parties the kids always want to break away and just "play". So for this party I decided to add that into the "schedule", originally thinking they would come in and just play together in the back yard while waiting for everyone to arrive. Not the case this time around ;)

So we started the party by painting/decorating little wooden horseshoes. They loved that and each person made 2. However, they flew through it, I believe they were done in 1.6 minutes. Then I gave them each their hats and told them to head outside.

Here are all the cowgirls getting ready to celebrate.
Marisa, Annelise, Ella, Gracie, Lydia, Haven, and Presley.

Treasure hunt in a pile of hay. (Little plastic horses and Golden Nuggets candy)
Nearly as difficult as finding a needle! We found all but one piece.

Mustang Round-Up- aka freeze tag


All corralled.

Goody bags

Treats table
Not my best cake at all.
She really wanted this cake, and she really wanted me to make it.
She loved it and that's all that matters.

They decorated the table area with crayons and markers while waiting for their snacks. They were so hot and tired, I felt really bad. They enjoyed some healthy snacks before digging into the treats and cake.

Happy Birthday Bean!

Who knew scattered hay would make for a great photo shoot?!?


Ella and Gracie

Annelise, Ella, Gracie, Lydia

Time to open gifts...

She got a bunch of horses from Haven.

A very much desired fairy- Vidia
(she also got Fawn and Iridessa- making her collection complete)

An Our Generation doll and horse
(doll from Poppers and Meme, horse from us)

It was a perfect day.

No comments: