Potty training is finally in progress! I have tried on numerous occasions to get him interested with zero success. His first 2 times were done with the help from Daddy, which is fine with me, I wish he could completely potty train him! Once he saw how it worked and that it wasn't so bad, things really picked up from there. Each day he got better and better. Just like with Ella, if he has a pull-up on, he'll just go in it. So, we do a lot of naked time or in real underpants, just hoping and praying for no accidents. He's pretty good about catching it before that happens and I've trained myself to remember to take him every 45-60 minutes.
I do have one funny story that I must document. If poop stories aren't your thing then please, read no further!
I had him in underpants for the majority of the morning. I had reminded him on a few occasions that he had on real underpants so he if he needs to go potty to tell me. I was about to put him down for a nap so I removed his underpants so I could put on a pull-up. I have no idea why I didn't do that right away but for some reason I had left him in his room to play while I went in my room to put some laundry away. I was in the closet when I heard him screaming. I mean literally screaming as if he was in excruciating pain. He was in the (dark) hallway screaming and holding something up at me. I could not see what it was and as I turn on the light he is saying, "Peas take it Momma.'
He was holding a giant piece of poo. I'm not sure if he caught it or picked it up off the floor afterward or what? So, we run to the potty and he throws it in there, trembly the whole way. It was pitiful. He was shivering and you could tell it had really freaked him out! He continued to say how yucky it was and was nearly gagging. I think he might have truly been traumatized.
It was rather disgusting but I have to say, I am so thankful that I didn't have to clean it up off the carpet. Or worse, that he hadn't stepped or sat in it. That would have been just awful.
Besides that one incident he is doing a great job. I'm hoping I can send him back to school after break in his big boy pants. (and numerous changes of clothing.)

No comments:
Post a Comment