Continuing on from my previous post...
After opening our stockings the kids played with their new stuff while I started breakfast for everyone. Again, way too much food. I actually eliminated the pumpkin waffles as I was cooking because I could tell it was going to be way. too. much. We had: "Jesus' birthday cake"; baked brie with fresh fruit; ham & egg frittata; coffee; hot cocoa.
The brie was a huge hit, I think I should have made two. Ella had a surprise up her sleeve for the Apple Crumb Coffee Cake. We decided it would be a perfect "cake" for Jesus so as we were serving it she gave everyone a candle and told them to wait. Once everyone was served she told them that we were celebrating Jesus' birthday. The plan was for her to sing Happy Birthday alone but everyone chimed in with her!
Once we finished eating it was time to open gifts! This started at about 11:00 a.m.. I believe we took one break for about 30 minutes or so. We completed all gifts exchanges at 2:00 p.m.! Jon has most of the pictures so I will only be posting a few.
Meme was busy making gifts this year!
Ella got slippers, mittens, a hat and scarf. Elijah got mittens, a hat, and slippers. She also made Spencer 2 hats, 2 pairs of slippers and I think a couple of blankets. Nicole, Jon, and I all received her famous slippers as well!
Meme also crocheted this awesome toy for Spencer.
It is one of those stacking ring toys, only they are all soft.
Each one is an animal...it is a really cute creation.
Elijah got this awesome tractor pillow from Poppers and Meme. She thought it would be a completely cloth pillow, just for decoration on his bed. Wrong!!! The tires are actually hard plastic tires and it actually moves!!! He LOVES it! He is trying to show us how he can sleep with it even though we are trying to convince him the tires are too hard and will hurt him.
I could post a million more pictures and I don't even have the ones Jon took. However, I think I will stop here.
We had a very nice Christmas and I was just so glad to have everyone here at our house. I'm hoping that we will be able to do it again some time.
I am truly blessed with a wonderful family. :)
Oh, and just because.
I really like this picture of Kelsie.
Merry Christmas everyone!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment