Just five days before Christmas and that snaggle-tooth finally came out. I have to say, teeth hanging on by little threads are just gross. To see her continuously wiggle that thing was just too much. I kept telling her to pull it out but she was too afraid. She would try but I'm not sure just how hard she was pulling. The night before it finally broke free I had pulled on it just a little (more than she would have liked), it started bleeding and she freaked out.
It's weird, in Ella's mind, blood=pain. She could have a scratch on her leg and 3 days later, the scab comes off and it bleeds, suddenly she is in immense pain and in dire need of a band-aid!
Anyway, I convince her it doesn't hurt and to just go to sleep. The next day right after lunch she decided she would try to pull it out. She gently tugged and there it was. She was so shocked. I'm just thankful it didn't bleed.
So, All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth just might be a relevant song in our house this year. I introduced her to this song and she just loved it. Funny thing, in all my 33 years, I never truly heard the words in that song. I had no idea his 2 front teeth were knocked out!!!
I have to say, I am incredibly thankful that I was able to take the Christmas photos for our cards before the lost tooth. I'm not a huge fan of toothless grins. Except, of course, in babies ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment