In some ways I look at him and I'm shocked at home much he has changed. Over the past month or so, there are certain areas where I have noticed huge growth. On the other hand, I think of two major milestones that he has yet to acheive. In the future, I will probably look back at this and hate that I documented it but, oh well.
Sorry future Danielle. It's reality and sometimes reality bites.
Those two things: nowhere near potty trained and shows absolutely no interest. We still work on it every day in hopes that one time, if I time it just right and catch it one time, then maybe he'll see it isn't so bad. He tends to get frustrated and daily tells me "it not working."
The other thing: poor guy is still in a crib. I contemplated this summer converting him to a big bed before life got too busy. I attempted it and he wouldn't sleep. He had actually gone back to sleeping again during naptime so when he wouldn't actually sleep in the big bed I said forget it! But I was right, summer ended, busyness began and I just can't seem to find the time in my day to sit and insist he stay in his bed. I also have to admit that the thought of him waking up at 6:30 and begging to come out of his room instead of playing nicely in his bed just does not appeal to me.
Selfish, I know.
Does all this make me a bad mother? Sometimes I feel like it but we're getting there. We are getting him a big boy bed in just a couple more weeks and I'll be sure to post about that. And we will continue to make frequent visits to the potty in hopes that some day we'll succeed.
So, back to my sweet boy and our celebration of him turning another year older. He is all boy in that he loves anything with wheels and an engine. Tractors are his favorite, with dump trucks and other various construction vehicles coming in at a close second. He seems interested in football and enjoys watching it with Kyle and talking about all the gear they have to wear. He loves to be outside, make loud noises, and terrorize our cat.
He is also the sweetest little boy I know. He is very compassionate, loving, and cuddly, and at times a bit of a momma's boy. He is very sensitive! By that I mean he gets his feelings hurt very easily but also comforts someone else when they are down or hurt.
One day they were outside, Ella was reading and Elijah was probably mowing the grass. He stopped what he was doing and went over and sat by her, putting his arm around her shoulders and then said, "It's a good day Lella." He then rubbed her back and went off to play.
Not too long ago we were in the car and he kept saying, "Lella." She for some reason didn't answer until I finally prompted her to. She replied, "What." He promptly responded, "I wub you."
When we would ask him in the past if he loved Jesus he would quickly say, "No, I love Mommy." Now he will answer yes and frequently asks if he can say the prayer at dinner and before bed. He is not yet interested in too many Bible stories but LOVES Christian music. I have a CD in the car that plays various Christian music that they both love. They also enjoy Casting Crowns and Sean Groves. Love it!
I found a canvas that I considered buying for him for his big boy room. It had some playful cars stacked one on top of the other and then around it it had the verse, The Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9. I believe I will make that my verse for him. Great, well-known verse, and incredibly fitting for my little guy. Maybe I'll go back and order that canvas after all.
Happy Birthday BuggaBoo! Love you! I look forward to watching you grow into an amazing, Godly young man.
No comments:
Post a Comment