Last week I took the van in to get an oil change with Ella. We were in the waiting room working on school work when I heard a noise that sounded like someone passing gas.
Me~ "Ella, did you just toot?"
Ella~ "Yes. I guess that's why they call this a gas station!"
Ella has said in the past that when she grows up she wants to be a face painter. The other day in the car she told me she no longer wanted to be one.
Me~ "Why?"
Ella~ "I want to be a doctor instead."
Me~ "Wow, that's great Ella!"
Elijah~ "I want to be a farmer. I gonna cut grass."
Prior to Elijah's birthday party I was asking him who was he most looking forward to seeing at his birthday party. We had talked before about who was coming.
Elijah~ "Um, Shewlby." (She is our new babysitter and he adores her. And she was not coming!)
Ella has been a sleepwalker since she was about 4 but lately it has really picked up. I decided to talk to her about it and see if she remembers getting up (sort of verify for myself that she is really sleepwalking). I had set up the conversation with her and told her a little about what she was doing.
Me~ "Do you remember waking up and asking me what I was going to do?"
Ella~ small pause then, "Yes."
Me~ "Do you remember waking up, turning on your light, and then crying in your room?"
Ella~ silence, sort of a puzzled look.
Me~ "That is what you have been doing. You get out of bed and turn your light on and then you stand there crying."
Ella~ "Mom, I think you are dreaming because I do not just stand in the middle of my room crying. It's you Mom, you must be having a dream."
I was getting Elijah ready for bed and he was telling me that he didn't like me. I couldn't tell for sure if that was what he was saying at first.
Elijah~"Momma, I no like you." (Said in sweet, singsong voice)
Mom ~ "Elijah that's not very nice."
Elijah~ "I like Poppers." Quick pause then, "I like Meme. Her's shy."
One liners ~
Elijah~ "Why him's do that?"
Elijah~ "John Deere twacter."
I know there are many more but that is it for now. I really would like to do better about recording these. Especially the conversations between Ella and Elijah. They are classic.

No comments:
Post a Comment