
This happened a few months ago and I've been meaning to document it for myself since then! So, just a funny/cute Ella/Elijah story.
Someone took one of the outlet guards out of the outlet and didn't put it back in. It was sitting on the floor under the outlet. Elijah sees this and is trying to put it back in. I put it in for him and told him not to touch the outlet, that it is dangerous and could hurt him.
Well Ella (the teacher) has decided to take it upon herself to explain to him the dangers and what could happen to him. I was in the bathroom getting ready when I hear her explaining all about death.
Hmm, how do you explain death to a 2 year old when you yourself do not completely understand the concept?!?
Here is how it went...
Ella: Elijah that is an owie. It's dangerous.
Elijah: Owie?
Ella: Yes, owie. It could kill you Elijah, it's dangerous.
Elijah: Owie?
Ella: Yes, it could take you bye-bye, no more Elijah. It could kill you.
Elijah: Bye-bye?
Ella: Well, it could kill you. Not bye-bye like you go in a vroom, vroom. But like you fall asleep.
Elijah: Vroom, vroom? Bye-bye?
Ella: No, like you go to sleep, like nite, nite but then no morning. You go to sleep and then no morning.
Elijah: No nornin'?
Fast forward the next day. Pretty much same scenario. I was in the bathroom getting ready and he sat down next to it and started repeating the conversation. To himself.
That's owie. Me go bye-bye. No nornin'. That's owie, Momma.
Lesson complete.
Way to go Ella!
No comments:
Post a Comment