The ceremony was great. They all managed to make it through without anyone tripping/stumbling/falling. The students who spoke did a great job as well. The Bean and The Bug managed to make it through it too without embarrassing us! Ella did workbook pages and ate and Elijah pretty much ate the whole time. A while back I came up with something I named "snack treats" and they are always a hit. We did take him out in the halls to walk around just a little bit.
Ella, enjoying her snack and time with Tete.
We had lots of visitors come to help celebrate this day. Some of her family from Michigan came down late Thursday night and stayed until right after her graduation ceremony. Then of course Bot and Tete came for the weekend as well.Here is the entire clan.
Just us.
Just a cute picture of Bot with the little ones.
After the ceremony and reception were over we went to Owen Brennan's to celebrate with fine dining.
Overall the experience was great.
Service. Good.
Food. Good.
Company. Good.
Kids. Good.
But of course, all good things must come to an end sometime. Right?
RIGHT?!?
Dirty diaper. Not so good.
Dirty, poo smeared on small child. Ick.
Dirty, stinky poo on rug of van. Gross.
Not really how I pictured it going.
Kyle had to take a picture of naked man and he did the funniest thing. We got the picture of him standing there from the front and as soon as it flashed he slowly turned around so Kyle could get the backside! It was classic!!
So, cleaning him up in a dress, hovering over the back of the van, trying ever so hard not to get anymore on the rug was not enjoyable. And a perfect time to run out of wipes.
Perfect.
I'm just glad I followed my gut when I ran back in the house earlier that morning to grab a change of clothes for him, "just in case". I NEVER bring a change of clothes! Whew.


No comments:
Post a Comment