Thursday, May 21, 2009

Hair Cut

It was way overdue. I'm mean, I liked it long, and some days it looked oh so cute. But other days...



Poor guy would consistently "twitch" his head as to throw the hair out of his face, especially when he was outside!

We had been throwing around the idea for about a month now and I finally had the courage to just go do it. So, I ran, as fast as I could so that I didn't change my mind! I'm so glad I did.

BEFORE:


AFTER:


What a transformation! He looks so much different!



Now, it's not the best haircut. It is a little uneven in places and there are still some long wisps in the back and on the sides. But I have to defend the girl, he certainly was not the best client!

We talked about it and had him convinced this was a good thing and it wasn't an "owie". We even bribed him with a cookie if he did a good job. He was geared up. As we were waiting in the lobby he was talking about cutting his hair and seemed ready to do it. When she called him back he walked right back and climbed up in the chair.

I started to relax. I was thrilled that things were going well.

Then she tied the paper strip around his neck.
What?

He had his sucker so he seemed okay. Until she threw the big, black shawl over him.

Oh man, I didn't think this one through. Elijah hates blankets.
Hates them.
He even hates it when someone else uses a blanket!

So, had I thought about it, I would have asked her not to or maybe used one of his blankets. But no, I missed that one. So, he screamed, he fought, he had a huge panic attack. It was impossible to calm him down.

Finally, against all rational thoughts in my head we did decide to opt out and not use the shawl.

Yes, we gave in to the screaming and crying.

We had to. Right?!?
I still struggle with that one.

Okay, so once she started clipping he was a little better. It went up and down from there. He was content, then mad, then content again. So, she did a good job for what she had to deal with. I plan to trim it up this weekend, hopefully I can fix it.







Hopefully he'll get over this and eventually have a "good" trip to the salon. I'm not sure I can take all that again!

No comments: