Wouldn't you know that the time I decide NOT to bring my camera with me would be the time I want/need it the most?
Six months ago I made an appointment for Ella for a teeth cleaning. At that time I was asked would I like to make an appointment for Elijah also? I laughed because I thought it would be more fun for everyone else if I went and had my teeth pulled! The thought of him letting anyone anywhere near his mouth was just plain laughable.
BUT at the time he had some stains on his teeth that I really wanted the doctor to look at so they suggested I make an appointment for Ella and then just have the doctor "peek" at his teeth.
I said sure.
Fast forward 6 months later, we are getting ready to go for said appointment. I thought about bringing my camera but decided it would be too stressful to try to take his picture while he is screaming and I'm trying to convince him the doctor won't hurt him. So, the camera stayed behind. Boy do I wish I had brought it "just in case."
He was hilarious. All I can do is try to describe it best I can and hope that it sticks in my memory for years to come.
First of all, he loved the giant fish tank in the lobby. He found his "memo" and enjoyed following him around the tank saying, "Mommy, memo dook me. Memo dook me eyes." In other words, Nemo looked at me with his eyes. Strange.
And then, "Memo hide fom me.", as he searched the fish tank for little old Nemo. So while he was enthralled with Memo, I asked the receptionist if we could sneak in the back while sis was getting her cleaning and see what this was all about. He was slightly interested with only a tinge of panic in his eyes.
You want me to lay up there, like that?!?
Um, no.
The cool thing was sis had on some sunglasses and it just so happened that he had his sunglasses in his hand. Very helpful indeed.
Back to the fish tank we go. Until...
Out the hygienist comes for Elijah. He, of course, didn't want to go back. But not because he was scared. No. It was because he missed his Memo. Crazy kid.
So would you believe he did perfect? He didn't whine. He didn't cry. He listened and cooperated. Why is it that kids are so good for others? Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled. But man, he had her wrapped around his finger. The entire office was so smitten by him.
Charmer?
Amanda was her name. I will not forget that because we will be sure to ask for her in the future. She coerced him over by offering him a toothbrush, asking him to show her how he brushes his teeth, just letting him warm up to her. He (as he usually does) transformed into a small cat, only this time he didn't meow. He gets real goofy and sort of "meows" his response to you. She showed him all the tools she would be using and he did exactly what she said.
He had a little signal for her also. She would get about one tooth clean and he would shudder. Translation: Rinse please.
Good thing he doesn't have a mouth-full of teeth. We might have been there a while.
He even let her floss his teeth!
Can you believe that?
Now, he was not near as fond of the dentist but he did allow him to check out his teeth. Oh how I wish I had brought my camera. This is why I need a small, teeny-tiny, purse sized camera. Just for emergencies like these.
Actually a miniature video camera.
That's what I need.
Too bad my birthday just passed huh?
All teeth, both kids, checked out great. No cavities. And, the dentist actually informed me that both of Ella's bottom front teeth are loose. Not real loose, it will be a while.
I'm glad.
I am so NOT ready for my baby girl to start losing teeth.
No comments:
Post a Comment