Monday, March 9, 2009

Doctor! Doctor!

We have sick, sick kids. Last week Ella started getting sick and the poor thing has had a fever for 6 days!!! Last night she was complaining so badly of her ear hurting that I finally took her to the minor med to get her checked out. Poor thing, she cried for over an hour and was just in serious pain. After waiting for over an hour the doctor took one look in her ear and said, "Oh!"

It was pretty obvious that she had an ear infection, we just needed medicine!!! We finally got home, took the medicine, and she was fast asleep. This morning she woke up happy and feeling good. She only complained of her ear hurting while she was eating, so I believe she is finally on the mend. No fever today and her cough sounds much better.

BUT...

Elijah started feeling sick Thursday and has basically just had a cough that, for the most part, only bugs him at night. This morning however he took a major turn for the worst! He was fine at first but wouldn't eat breakfast and then his fever started to rise and before you know it he was so upset and there was nothing I could do to help him! He got crying real bad and then it sounded like he was wheezing and I thought, I guess we're heading back to the doctor!

I knew he was okay as of now but we are heading out of town in a few days and I just do not want to have him get worse while we are gone. He has had croup twice before and I'd hate to be away from home and have that happen. Anyway, we went to the doctor and as of now he just has a cold. But our sweet doctor gave us a prescription for a steriod in case it does develop into croup. Hopefully that won't happen and hopefully we can be healthy again really soon!

One more thing to add...as we were getting ready to leave, had said our goodbyes, the doctor said, "Oh, wait." He opened up his laptop again and says to me, "Elijah is now in the 25 percentile for his weight." Yay!!! That is awesome!!! He was barely over 5% at his two year check-up! The doctor looked at both kids and just shook his head. Both kids were terrribly low on that stupid chart and with Ella he gave me tons of grief. Once Elijah was born though, he saw the similarity and knew he would grow when he chose to. And so he did.

No comments: