We arrived at our hotel and troubles greeted us at every door.
Literally.
But we'll get to that later.
We had reserved two separate suites. One was a 2 room suite for Kyle's parents and Kelsie. The other was a 3 room suite for Kyle, Ella, Elijah and myself. Kyle's parents were not going to arrive until after 9 o'clock and they had their name on the bigger room so the hotel wouldn't let us have it!! I just wanted to get the kids to sleep because they were exhausted. After about a half hour arguing with the receptionist, they finally, somehow, decided they would give us that room. Weird....I'm still not entirely sure why they changed their minds!
After we got all our stuff moved into the bigger room, Kyle was looking for a place to order a pizza and I was getting the kids stuff ready so they could go to bed. Kelsie was helping with the kids as they were playing in the adjoining room.
This leads to the sad part. Our suite is a bedroom, adjacent to a living area, which is adjacent to another bedroom. Each bedroom closes with french-door style doors. I'm pretty sure you know where this is going. Ella was in the bedroom, Elijah was on the other side of the door, she closed the door, his finger was in the hinged side of the door and she didn't know. Yeow! He screamed bloody murder. It was just awful. His finger was completely flattened, bruised & bleeding. This is not how I want to start my vacation!!!!
After an hour of crying and not being able to calm him down we decided to make a trip to the emergency room. Again, not how I want to spend my vacation!!! By the time we got there I guess the Tylenol had kicked in for he was no longer crying. We were there for about 2 hours, he did a GREAT job when they took the X-rays, he was really a trooper. No visible break but a possible growth-line fracture. Here is what they handed us.
Seriously? You're kidding.....right? A finger splint for a 2 year old? A 2 year old boy???
The doctor put it on, left the room, and he immediately took it off! Before we left, I think we had replaced it no less than 4 times. We threatened and scolded him for taking it off, to no avail, he was having nothing to do with this thing. But at least he isn't complaining of pain, right? Although it was cute when he would say, "Et urts, Momma." Poor little guy, it was heartbreaking!
Below is a mock replay of the sequence of events in regards to the splint.
It always ends up right back in my hands!
And check out this devilish grin.
Oh and he gave Ella a good scolding as well. Before we went to the hospital I was holding him, trying to comfort him and Ella was beside me watching (she felt terrible). So as we were sitting there he is still sobbing and he looked at Ella and he said, "No Lella, no, no!" He said it as stern as could be with a mixture of heartbreak included. He is so sensitive and he was so mad at her and just crushed that she would hurt him so bad! I could not understand anything else he said but he sure was giving her a piece of his mind!
All is forgiven now and hopefully we will have NO more injuries on this trip! I'm keeping my fingers crossed...
No comments:
Post a Comment