Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Boy Named Jack

My sister is pregnant with her first child and today they found out the sex of the baby. I was certain that Ella would like it to be a girl and was a little nervous to tell her as I thought she might be upset.

So, we were walking through the grocery store and I said, "Ella, today Coco and Jon found out if their baby is going to be a boy or a girl."

She looks at me like, well, are you going to tell me? Then she said, "So, what is it?"

I said, "You want to guess? What do you think it is?"

"A boy!"

"Yes, it's a boy!"

She's skipping around as excited as can be!!! I'm thinking what the heck, this is NOT my child. Then of course I thought, wait, yes it is, she's determined to be okay with this. I believe she guessed a boy to sort of prepare herself! She's so clever.

Anyway, after I confirmed it is to be a boy she says to me, "So what are they going to name it?"

I said, "They're not sure yet."

She says, "Well, remember I chose Lily and Jack? So, I guess it will be Jack. They'll have to name it Jack."

Jack Johansson...I like it.

There you have it folks, you heard it here first. Not sure how Nicole will handle this one, but I'll be leaving it up to her!

No comments: