Saturday, December 27, 2008

Monster Truck!

I thought this deserved its own post! With some hinting on my part my parents got Elijah a motorized monster truck for Christmas. Due to my error we had to give this gift to him after his nap. I failed to charge the battery ahead of time so it was NOT ready Christmas morning. Glad he is only 2! Do you think he likes it?

I was going to post a video but the one we have is so long and I can't figure out how to shorten it! If/when I do, I'll come back and post it.

I made another bad mom error. I forgot once again to charge the battery on this thing after he went to bed. When I woke up the next morning I thought, there is no way I want to deal with him crashing into everything this early in the morning. (He needs to practice steering just a little!) So before I got him up I came down and plugged in the battery, hiding the truck in the laundry room. I really didn't think he would remember. Poor guy, he wondered around the house, speaking softly to himself, "vroom, vroom." After a few minutes I see he is getting a little concerned like maybe the experience the day before was only a dream. I felt bad for him and asked him what he was doing. He calmly and says, "vroom, vroom, ehh?" He looked so pathetic, I felt awful! I explained the battery situation to him and after a few minutes of being upset and disappointed he finally moved on, resorting to his old Radio Flyer Retro Rocket that has to be propelled with his feet. For now that will have to do.

No comments: