We had an absolutely wonderful day. Apart from the fact that Kelsie was not here to share it with us, there was nothing that we could have changed to make it better.
Ella chose to hang one of her stockings (she has 3 for some reason) in her room with my childhood stocking holder. On Christmas Eve she asked me if Santa was going to put anything inside. I sort of bribed her by telling her that if she stayed in bed I'd leave Santa a note asking him to! It seemed to work! I managed to sneak in a few small gifts before hitting the sack and she was thrilled the next morning! She got a puzzle and some little Disney Princess magnet set similar to colorforms.
The kids had a wonderful time with their stockings and gifts from Santa. Ella got an umbrella just like she requested and Elijah got two puzzles. We opened a few gifts before taking a break to eat some Breakfast Casserole. I found the recipe off the Internet. It was okay but I will never make it again! We are not big breakfast eaters and it was pretty heavy. Elijah loved it though, go figure.
Ella chose to hang one of her stockings (she has 3 for some reason) in her room with my childhood stocking holder. On Christmas Eve she asked me if Santa was going to put anything inside. I sort of bribed her by telling her that if she stayed in bed I'd leave Santa a note asking him to! It seemed to work! I managed to sneak in a few small gifts before hitting the sack and she was thrilled the next morning! She got a puzzle and some little Disney Princess magnet set similar to colorforms.
The kids had a wonderful time with their stockings and gifts from Santa. Ella got an umbrella just like she requested and Elijah got two puzzles. We opened a few gifts before taking a break to eat some Breakfast Casserole. I found the recipe off the Internet. It was okay but I will never make it again! We are not big breakfast eaters and it was pretty heavy. Elijah loved it though, go figure.
Santa ate his cookies and left the kids a nice note. ;)
After eating we headed right back in for more presents and play. There are so many pictures, I am having a hard time choosing which ones to post! I apologize but I figure most of you won't mind!
Ella opening a gift from Bot and Tete. She loves art stuff and this was no exception.
She also loved her new Ariel doll from Abby and Trey as well as the 2nd Little House on the Prairie book from Meme and Poppers!
I got some great gifts as well. Sheets, towels, recipe cards from my parents. Jon and Nicole got us a nice bowl set with our names on each bowl and all the fixins' for ice cream sundaes. Kyle got me a 3-bin laundry sorter, tickets for me and Ella to see The Tale of Despereaux, tickets to see the Celtic Women sing in April as well as a CD of theirs, and a certificate for 3 hours at a spa! I'm afraid I won't want to leave!
Kyle had a little help with opening his gifts.
We enjoyed a wonderful meal and dessert. Then we got in our jammies and went out to see some Christmas lights. There were not near as many this year as there have been in the past but plenty for our little ones.
Kelsie had a great time in Michigan with her mother and the rest of her family. How she can take that brittle cold is beyond me. But to her, it's just not Christmas without it.
No comments:
Post a Comment