Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Heaven (and Hell) & Somepin Dinks

Two funnies...at least to me they were.

Ella-
One day Ella had a sweater on over her dress and spilled some water on it. I threw it in the dryer for her and of course she had an argument or opinion about what I was doing. I let her know that she would like it, to just trust me.

So, when it was finished I handed it to her, she hugged it, and then oohed and aahed about how warm it was. Then she said, as clear as day, "It's like Heaven." It was funny to me and I laughed right out loud. Fast forward to later that evening when she was getting ready for bed. She has to use nasal spray for her allergies and has decided she does not like it. So as I was about to do it she said, "Earlier my warm sweater was like heaven. Well, this is like hell." I couldn't believe it! She is such a goon sometimes.

Elijah-
I took Elijah to get his hair cut and he got someone he has never had before. She was a younger girl and he really liked her. Flirted quite a bit with her actually. So we had been there a while and she was about done and she bent down in his face to check the front of his hair and he said, "Somepin dinks."
Translation: Something stinks.
How embarassing.
So, I tried to act like I didn't know what he was saying and sort of ignored it all. So he bellows out even louder. "What is that dell? Somepin dinks, Mom!"
Oh. My. Word.

I wanted to crawl in a hole. I mean what exactly does one say in a situation like this? Maybe she ate onions for lunch? I mean really. 'Gee Elijah I have no idea what that smell could be!'
I could not get out of there fast enough!

No comments: