One of the homeschool organizations that we are a part of has a Field Day for all the kids each year. We had heard great things about it and I thought it was definitely something that Ella would enjoy. She definitely did and I'm so glad we went. I think the worst part was that for some reason she just didn't get near as many ribbons as the other kids! She was a little upset at first but I'm happy to say that she quickly got over it.
When we first got there, Elijah spotted a nice "dirt/gravel" area perfect for digging in with his cars.
As long as we had a dirt pile, he was happy!
Before they started the activities they did a little warm up/stretch time. I looked over and this is what I saw...
He jumped right in. Loved doing the stretches with the "big kids"!!
First event was sack racing. I was nervous she would wipe out and then be embarrassed but she pulled it in and won for her team. She was the last to go and it was very close, boys against girls. Well she was so quick and she won by a long shot. I was very happy for her. This was one of the events where she should have gotten a ribbon for being on the winning team but for some reason she didn't :(
The 3-legged race. Notice how they are holding hands.
So cute.
The obstacle course, where her babysitter was working. She loved being able to see her!
Crab-walking at the obstacle course.
All in all it was a fun morning. She made some new friends and learned a lesson in not always being the best at everything!

No comments:
Post a Comment