This brand new exhibit called My Big Backyard is awesome! It opened up sometime in July or August I believe and while we were really wanting to go we just could not fit it into our schedules. But as soon as we were able to we headed that way and it was so much fun! I didn't get to take many photos as one can imagine how crazy it was with 5 kids!! (We went with some friends). Anyhoo the kids really enjoyed it and I'm hoping we can make it back again real soon.
The cute thing about this place is that when you walk in, you walk onto a "porch" and then head through like you are entering the "backyard". They have things set up to resemble household items. It is so hard to explain but one thing that was just so cute was the "flower beds". They had rows of flowers that were shaped in large rectangles and then at the head and foot are bed frames. Get it "flower beds"? Too cute. There were a lot of things like that. A couch covered in moss.
This was a cute little area where the kids could "build" their own fort. Evidently my kids are too small for this cause we could just not figure out how to do it!
And here is Elijah taking matters into his own hands. He decided to create something on his own. I was quite impressed with his strength at lifting these sticks...they were huge!
Next time we go back I will pack less so I have free hands to take pictures. When I do, I'll be sure to come back and post them!!

1 comment:
I blogged about my big backyard too! It is sooo much fun. Looks like your little ones had a blast!
Post a Comment