Saturday, September 12, 2009

Intro to Soccer

We had planned on Ella taking soccer this year at our old church but seeing that we were out of town for almost the entire month of August, it just wasn't going to work out. She took it harder than I thought she would so imagine the excitement when we walked into Elijah's preschool and see a sign for soccer sign-ups! Yay!

I have to say I'm very proud of her. Even though she didn't think she would know anyone on the team...well...that didn't stop her! She is so outgoing! Didn't get that from me.

And of course the "girly" in her was just as excited about going shopping for new "gear". Here she is showing it off as soon as we got home!

Boy was she excited!

So fast forward to her first practice. Two minutes on the field "warming up" and she has made a best friend for life. Well it probably could have been until they got split up and put on two different "teams". Oh well.

I'm not so sure we will have a BIG future in soccer...
this happened a lot!

But I do have to say, at the very end of practice they were split into teams to play against each other. Honestly, I think she is one of a few that actually understands the point of the game! There is one little boy on her team that is really good and Ella managed to block his goal!!! You can't really tell in this photo but that blue ball, about to go in, she managed to block!

That's my girl ;)

I have one funny before I go...

At the end of practice the leader was explaining what we will do in case of bad weather. After she was done she asked if there were any questions and hesitated and said, 'this is probably a bad idea.' Of course, about three kids' hands shot up. They asked about thunder and lightning, so Ella sees this and decides to raise her hand.

She says, "Well, what happens if it is just pouring down rain?"

The assistant says, (jokingly) "That's when all the fun starts!"

Ella's response, "Oh no. Not me. I'm too girly for that."

No comments: