Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Homeschooling is FUN!!!

We are having the best time with homeschooling. We have finally gotten into a pretty good groove and things are rolling along smoothly. Ella craves that one-on-one time and she is learning a lot as well. She has really blown me away so far with how quickly she learns.

Elijah is getting used to it as well and usually when we start he goes off and finds something to do. Or I will incorporate a story for him and have Ella read it. As a quick side-note I have to add that he is learning a lot as well. Between Ella and going to preschool 2 days a week, he is picking things up so fast, at times he truly amazes us with his brilliance.

So, back to my original point. One great thing about homeschooling is how you can "teach" your kids while doing simple things like making cookies. Kyle found a recipe for something he knew I would love! Chocolate peanut butter chip cookies. Not sure if that is the true name but you get the idea. Yum. Yum. Yum.


So, he decided that he would make cookies with Ella and they were the best cookies I have ever had. Seriously.

Chocolate and peanut butter together are my best friend and worst enemy!

They had a great time and I really appreciated the break as well as the thoughtfulness that was put into these cookies.


Also...
Ella is reading like crazy. It is out. of. control. I can't keep up. She is reading at about a 3rd grade level. at least.

So, here she is, reading a book to her Poppers.


Where is he you ask? In the phone of course.

She puts the phone on speaker and reads away. I think the first time she did this it continued on for at least 30 minutes!

Poor Poppers!


No comments: