Friday, April 24, 2009

Zoo

We (I) made a wise decision to head to the zoo on Earth Day.

Wise?

Maybe not.
I hate to admit it but I had no idea when Earth Day was. Our membership was about to expire and I decided to make one last trip that way. I thought we might run into some "end-of-the-year field trips" but was not that concerned.

As we got closer to the zoo, I began to see bus after bus after bus. Foolish me was still optimistic. I thought, it's early, we'll just take our time and not let the crowd bother us. We have plenty of time to see the whole zoo so no reason to get worked up.
Yet.

It was crowded.

Very crowded.

It wasn't until we were about half-way through that I realized exactly why it was so crowded. A little girl about 6 years old stepped in front of me and on her head was a sun visor.
One she made herself.
In big child-like letters it read Earth Day.

Ahhhh. The light bulb clicked on.

Outside of the few times that Ella was knocked over by the big kids, we had a great time. I think we'll wait till school is out before we renew that membership. ;)


This little chimp was adorable. He was thoroughly enjoying all the kids! Here you can see him in the background, he was rolling, and rolling, and rolling.


In this picture he is actually giving Ella a high-five on the glass! So cute!

For those of you who know Ella you know that kid will make a friend anywhere! So, we were waiting for the sea lion show to start and she comes up and says, Mom, I made a friend. And her name is Claire. (she has a friend at school named Claire so this was doubly exciting)


I think after a while Elijah was a little jealous.
He was not at all interested in the sea lions. Not one bit. He entertained himself by climbing. No big surprise there.
Starting to get fiesty.
MOM!!!
He's ready to go. Done with the show.
Please??
Ella's not listening either.
Resting?
Pouting?
Back to climbing?
BINGO!

No comments: