Saturday, April 11, 2009

Celtic Concert

Wednesday night Ella and I were able to go see these lovely ladies live in concert. It was truly amazing. I was a little unsure about going but I'm so glad that we did. We had so much going on that week and family visiting but I decided to make the most of it. So, after a VERY long day for me, we drove downtown to relax and be entertained. And boy were we.

This is a talented bunch I tell ya.
The singers.
The drummers.
The blond with the fiddle.

She was quite the entertainer! She definitely had the most spunk out of all of them and she loved to interact with the crowd, which by the way was almost a sold out crowd! Evidently they are pretty popular in Memphis (who knew?!?)


Ella loved it and really was a trooper. The concert STARTED at her bedtime! It was a long night! Sweet thing, she fell asleep the minute we pulled out of the parking lot. That doesn't happen often and she went without a word. She was truly exhausted, as was I. In one day I had enjoyed games and excitement at ICP, then straight to the largest consignment sale that I know of for 3 hours of shopping, and then rushed home to get ready for this concert. Whew!

Oh, and the next day the real excitement came. I got to drive back downtown, to be herded into a giant building, with about 3,000 other people, to sit and listen to unreasonable, illogical people.

Curious??

Jury duty selection.

I won't go into details because I am still angry about it! Let's just say it was NOT enjoyable but it WAS highly annoying and stressful. I cannot wait for my "time" to be over...

No comments: