Saturday, April 4, 2009

Birthday Celebration

As I posted before, Kyle's birthday was this past Tuesday and we decided to celebrate it today. We had a great time and I think everything was nearly perfect. The morning started off with a cranky toddler but once we got past that things were good.

We had a nice lunch together and then sang Happy Birthday and enjoyed some homemade carrot cake. Ella, Elijah and I made the cake together and then Ella and I made the frosting and decorated it.

It was delicious!!!

Carrot cake is the best.

The question is, do you think Elijah liked it? I mean he is the picky one and he pretty much hates carrots (any vegetable really).

I think these two pictures speak for themselves.


I thought this was a cute picture of Kelsie. No, she is not wearing a green bow in her hair. I guess Ella is hiding behind her???

After cake we opened presents! YAY!
I think he liked that gift, what about you?
It was a new coffee grinder. The lid on his has been broken for a LONG time which makes it a hassle to grind the coffee. We have just not taken the time to purchase a new one so this was a very exciting moment!!
Elijah actually took this photo. Impressive huh?

Ella took this one. She does a great job but makes me incredibly nervous with my new (expensive) camera.
Birthday hugs. 
We all love you Kyle and hope you had a GREAT 35th, err 41st birthday. ;-)

1 comment:

tgillock said...

You are so so right about carrot cake!