I have had a rough couple of weeks. High stress, little sleep, so much to do and completely overwhelmed!! I literally felt like I was running around in circles most days. But I'm attempting to have a new perspective. While I do enjoy a clean house and being caught up on all the laundry, I realize these are NOT the most important things in life. So, as hard as it is for me, (who after having children has suddenly become Type A) I have been making an effort to let things go.
Just a little.
I find the times I am focusing on everything being so perfect I tend to neglect my sweet kids, and then they start acting out, and then I get frazzled, and things just go straight down hill from there.
Quickly.
I decided to have a different perspective and try to think of all the things I have to be thankful for. I have a great life, one that I don't deserve, and if I'm being honest, one that I, at times, take for granted.
All I ever wanted from as far back as I can remember was to get married and have children. Period. I never ventured further than that thought! I have always loved kids and for some odd reason can relate to them in a way that I can't with other adults! Yet I'm not all that child-like, except for the occasional pouting when I don't get my way. ;)
Some things I'm thankful for:
1. My husband. He is such a hard-worker. At times this is frustrating to me as I'm home what feels like ALL the time with two small children whom at times make me feel as though I'm losing my mind! BUT I know he does it so that I can stay home with said children. :)
2. My children. Got to love them. I just think the ages they all are right now, whew...let's just say it's tough. I mean I'm tackling the Terrible Twos, Fiesty Fives, and well, a teenager. (A teenage girl) Yikes! But as much as they bring me anxiety and gray hair, they bring loads of love, joy, and excitement.
3. My parents. I just don't know what I would do without them. Good thing we have unlimited long distance (hey another thing I'm thankful for!) .My mom is ALWAYS there, whenever I call (which by the way, I'm trying NOT to do every hour!). But it's true, they both are always there to help in any way they can. Whether it be a "maintenance" problem, cooking question, or just a distraction from the kids, I know I can always count on them, and I probably do a little too much. Now that my Dad has retired, I think he's giving my Mom a little break from me. ;)
4. Friends. Again, even though all my local friends were made because of my children they are much appreciated and loved! Getting together with friends while the kids play is a great retreat for a tired momma. I only wish we could do it more often!
5. AC/Heat. One of the things we've been dealing with lately is our air conditioner and heater not working. We have had a pretty nice spring, one of the best I've ever experienced here. So, one of the days where it was warm enough not to need the heat during the day but really cool at night our heat quits working. We woke up to a VERY chilly house. We get someone out here who also checks the AC, and at the time it was working. Then BAM, it is summer. Literally, like the next day, summer appeared and we have hot, hot days and need the AC. Guess what? It isn't working. At this point it is still touch and go, some times it works no problem, other times, not so much. So, when it is working, I'm highly grateful for it!
I'm thinking 5 is enough, maybe even too much but I need to have a better outlook, I need to focus on the "glass half-full", I need to take after my mother and be a little more "Polly-Anna-ish". The Lord blesses us in so many ways each and every day. For that I am the most thankful of all.
No comments:
Post a Comment