You be the judge...does it look like he's having fun? Poor guy. I can't say this is his first haircut but it is the first as far as he is concerned. He had a "professional" cut when he was about one and it didn't turn out as I had hoped. It was shorter than I wanted and awfully crooked in the front. I decided since his hair grows so fast to just trim it myself and I have done that for the last year.
You would think the older he gets the easier it would be, or at least that is what I would think!!! However, that doesn't seem to be the case! He wiggles way more now and he loves to try to "find" the scissors just as I snip and that of course makes it quite difficult to cut in a straight line!
So, today's expereince was not so good. Things started out great because they have this nice play area in the front and he thought he must have just come to play! When she called us back you have to walk by this huge play slide (like in McD's). He said, "Ooh, wow!" But once he got past that and saw the chairs he freaked out! He immediately started resisting holding my hand and said, "No, no!" You'd have thought he HAD been there before! From that moment on things just went downhill.
I was not even remotely impressed with the lady cutting his hair. I mean this is a kids salon, so you'd think the people working there would just love kids. Not this woman. She acted put out! She had zero compassion or tolerance for children. She acted like she just wanted to hurry up so she could get us out of there. He was by no means being a brat either. He didn't kick or scream, he wasn't sobbing. He was whimpering, it was pitiful actually.
I dished out $20 for a haircut for a toddler and she did nothing to try to make this expereince pleasant. I told her in advance that he hadn't done this before and I had my camera there to take some pictures and she was just plain mean. I thought about leaving before she got her hands on him but figured we would follow through and then decide if we ever go back!!!
After 10 mins or so he finally calmed down enough that he stopped crying but if I so much as blinked he would freak out thinking I was going to leave him or something. I had to stay glued to him, both hands on him or the whimpering would start! He was just plain terrified! He has some sort of phobia with blankets on him so when she put that wrap over him he just lost it!
Once that was finally over he flew out of there, back to the play area. It didn't take him long to forget his horrible experience amidst all the trains and vroom, vrooms.
I almost do as good of a job myself. Maybe we'll go back every 6 months or so? I'll be sure to ask for someone else next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment