Sunday, January 4, 2009

Forgiveness


Colossians 3:13 ~ Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.

Easier said then done. At least for me. I mean, to really forgive. As it says, "as the Lord forgave you." If you really ponder that, that is an amazing amount of forgiveness! To think that we are to forgive everyone like that. It really weighs heavy on my heart as I know there are people in my past (and present) that I have not forgiven to that depth.

I'm not really big on New Year resolutions, never really have been. But, is this my goal for 2009? I guess you could look at it that way. I strive everyday to be more like my Jesus, this just happens to be one area that is particularly difficult for me. So, maybe it is not a resolution or a goal, but, a prayer. This is my prayer for 2009, forgive those who have wronged me, truly forgive as Christ would, release that person/situation to him so that I may live a more productive life for the Lord.

Whether you have resolutions, goals, or prayers for 2009, I hope and pray that you will move forward, taking those steps needed in your life so that you may honor and glorify our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Be encouraged...the Lord is with you wherever you go!

No comments: