Friday, July 30, 2010

School Room Transformation

Recently Kyle went out of town for a few days and before he left he was stressing to me how much he "wished" the school/dining room would get repainted. I have to say, I was not too happy to have him sort of dump that idea/request on me when I didn't feel like I would have time to do it anytime soon. However, today I'm happy to announce that I'm thankful that he said, "we (which is better translated as you) really need to paint this room." I "surprised" him by painting it while he was out of town. Looking back I'm not sure how I fit it in but I'm thankful for his gentle push ;)

I had really wanted to do a major change in our school room as I will be incorporating Elijah into the learning process. My mother found these cute desks so I went ahead and bought one for each of them.

Not a great picture but you get the idea.

So after purchasing and receiving those, the brainstorming began. I had quite a few ideas floating around my head. I'd get one idea and that would lead me to add something and on and on it went. Here is the (almost) completed project.


Kyle had a co-worker that painted a dry erase wall right on the wall. I had just painted and was not too keen on painting again but it seemed the most logically, affordable option. I even mustered up the strength to paint 4 coats of magnetic paint underneath these 3 coats of dry erase.
Crazy huh?

My new desk!! Beyond thrilled about that ;)
Now I just need a new chair.

Need to add some cute curtains.

I will be adding a little bit more. The keyboard will be on the other wall on it's stand. I'm so excited Ella will be able to take piano lessons this year!! Oh, and I might be changing things on the dry erase wall. I'm not so sure I like the blue border...looks like painters tape. Eventually I might get some molding and add that. Then it might look more like an actual board and not a huge white rectangle on my wall!

I'm so excited for this year to start. I think we are going to have lots of fun!

No comments: