Saturday, July 24, 2010

Music Camp 2010

What a jam-packed, fun-filled week we had. And boy were we all exhausted. Everyday for an entire week Ella had music camp from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.....in C'ville. For those of you who don't know, that's a good 20-25 min drive. Leaving the house every morning at 8:30 made me realize another benefit of homeschooling. I know it would be earlier if it had been school and it would have been every week for numerous weeks!! At least this week I could see the light at the end of the tunnel.

She had a great week with her friends. Lily, Lydia and Annelise were all able to come to music camp and I think they all really enjoyed it. Almost everyday she either went home with a friend or had a friend over afterwards. I'm telling you, it was jam-packed.

I don't have any pictures because I was not there during the week but I do know she learned about solo singing, sign language, hand bells, and some percussion instruments. On Friday night they had a performance to show off all the things the kids learned. She got to sing four lines by herself and she did a phenomenal job! I did get a video of that...


She also did a little hand bell performance. I missed the beginning but it is still sweet.


She did 2 or 3 songs where others were singing and she did the hand motions (sign language) along with the song. This one is my favorite. I love the end, where she is lifting her hands up and looking up to Heaven. It is like she is looking right at Jesus.


By this time next year, hopefully I will have forgotten how annoying the drive was because I definitely want her to enjoy this again!

No comments: