When I was a child we took a family vacation to Florida (a couple actually) and on one of those trips we headed to a place called Silver Springs, well-known for their glass-bottom boats. I remember loving those boats as a kid. That is about all I remembered. Until our recent visit. My parents have been wanting to take the kids there for a few years now and it just has never worked out. They are slightly concerned that the place may close down. It is nothing like Disney...
We headed there on a Monday and my dad was even concerned that it might be a little crowded.
Not so much.
We did have a good time though. We rode on 3 glass-bottom boats. THREE!!! After the 2nd one I had the mindset that if you had been on one you had experienced all there was to see. BUT the other patrons were more than happy to ride each one! Even when one took a good 20 minute wait in line.
Fun.
I didn't get too many pictures of our time there, not really sure why. My favorite part of the trip by far was the Jeep Safari ride. Boy was it rough. The little boy behind us screamed and cried the entire time. He did NOT like it. Poor guy. And all throughout his screaming, Elijah was laughing hysterically. He, on the other hand, LOVED it.
There was an animal carousel. And it was free. I am usually a mean mom and tell Ella she can't ride the one at our zoo because "we don't go to the zoo to ride carousels, we go to the zoo to see animals". So this was a huge treat! Elijah opted out.
We saw a ginormous Kodiak bear. It was huge. Massive. A beast I tell ya. This picture does not even begin to capture his size. Biggest bear I have ever seen.
Well, at least someone is having fun!
All kidding aside, we really did have a good time. I'm just pokin' fun at the place because I'm feeling like a wisenheimer (a cool new word I just discovered, aka a smart aleck) as I am writing this post. Hopefully if my mother decides to read this, she will not take offense!
We had a good time and I'm glad we went.

No comments:
Post a Comment