
I thought maybe the day would never come but it did and I'm happy to report that it was a success! The entire day she was nervous about it but such a trooper. She has slept with a white noise machine pretty much since birth so we weren't sure how that would play out. Her friend Annelise, does not. :-) I snuck the noise machine to Angela that night just in case.
So we decided to come over earlier that day for a playdate with all the kids, stay for dinner, and then I would leave with Elijah. Neither Ella or Annelise really wanted that but it had been a long time since we had had a playdate so we did it and I'm glad we did.
The report I received from Angela later that night was that she came out a few times saying she couldn't sleep. Now, she did not know that I had packed the noise machine so when Angela asked her if she wanted it, she was shocked. However, she said, "No, my mom says I should always try so I want to do that."!! So cute. Eventually they put on some soft music and she fell asleep. I think Angela said it was about 11 p.m.
I am very happy for her that she has overcome that hurdle. A few weeks later she wanted Annelise to spend the night at our house. Another huge success! They struggled getting to sleep and tried the noise but Annelise didn't like it. We put on some soft music and within minutes they were out cold!
No comments:
Post a Comment