I call this Christmas madness because for some reason even though I said we were going to have a "lite" Christmas, it was not. Now, we did have all the gifts from all relatives this year whereas in other years we did those seperately. But still...it was pretty crazy.
Elijah was not feeling well at all. The first thing he said to me was, "Mommy, I don't feel good." Poor guy. Opening gifts and playing with new toys distracted him though.
Here they are coming down the stairs to discover their "Santa" gifts. Okay, maybe not. I have a cute video but it doesn't seem to want to load. :-(
After discovering Santa did bring them their requested pillow pets we moved over to see how well Santa liked his cookies.
It appears he did.
Then we moved on to stockings.
Both kids got headphones that actually stay on their heads.
Perfect for our upcoming trip to Florida.
We let them open a few gifts before stopping for breakfast.
Elijah was dying to open this odd shaped gift.
I'm not sure what he thought it was but surely not Tinkertoys.
They opened a few more but we didn't seem to get too many pictures this year. Ella opened a Christmas themed scratch book. She got one last year from my mother that was princess themed. She loved it so much I got her one this year.
So they played with their toys while we went to make breakfast. The menu was biscuits and gravy (Kyle's request), fresh fruit with baked Brie, and homemade Pumpkin Scones(Starbucks recipe).
They turned out perfect. So yummy!
I couldn't even begin to list all the stuff they got. It was crazy.
Here are the top 3's for everyone:
Kyle:
~Pampered Chef Mandolin
~Bluetooth earpiece
~Toaster oven from his parents
Danielle:
~my fixed wedding ring
~my wifi card for my camera- so cool
~UGGS! (huge surprise, had no idea)
Kelsie:
~Well, I didn't ask her but I'm gonna guess she had one favorite from us- a new laptop! a very nice one I might add. ;-)
Ella:
~Pillow pet
~Horse stable
~Thread art kit
Elijah:
~Monster Truck that comes apart
~Pillow pet
~Matchbox cars garage
They both got nice winter coats from Bot and Tete.
Here he is opening a cool T-ball set that grows with you as you get better.
He was quite excited about it. Can't wait to try it once it warms up.
Not a great picture but she LOVED her new rainboots from Meme and Poppers. She freaked out before she even opened the box! And we got her a matching umbrella.
We had the perfect day. We relaxed and played with new toys. We enjoyed spending time together as a family and it was nice to just BE.
Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment