Monday, February 8, 2010

Hi-larious...Not So Much.


Remember this? Massive snow storm that caused schools to close the night before the snow hit and people to ransack the grocery stores for their "bare necessities"??

Well the hilariousness ensues when one goes to bed with no "threat" of snow, no warning so we can all rush to the store, and then we wake up to enough snow to create this:


I guess the key is, if they call it we won't get it. But if they don't call it, well, you get the idea.


We bundled up the best we could and played...at 8:30 in the morning!
They were calling for rain and my plan was to let them out before it all melted/turned to mush. Well of course they were wrong again, it pretty much snowed all day long.



I have this calendar that has pictures of the kids from last years snow storm. One picture is of Elijah and he is crying while pushing his lawn mower in the snow. He had gotten so mad because he slipped and because it was so hard to push the mower. He was cold, he was wet, and he was frustrated. Well, he saw this picture and asked why he was crying. He remembered me telling him this story and decided he wanted to "reenact" this event.

After bundling him up I said, "Elijah, what are you going to do out there in the snow?"
Elijah~ "I'm going to cry."
Me~ "What? Why are you going to cry?"
Elijah~ "I'm going to push my lawn mower in the snow and go, hu, hu, hu."


This is the closest he came to looking like he was crying. He thought it was so hilarious. He was slightly embarrassed at the idea of "crying" in all this excitement!


Ella and I built this snow"woman". She found these sticks up on the hill. When she brought me the big one she said, you need to put it in so that it is pointing up because she is pointing to God. Ah, warms my soul.


Here they are warming up by the fire. Ella was telling Elijah stories about tractors while I fixed them both hot cocoa.

Kyle Jr.???

It turned out to be a true snow day. We had a great time. Now, Spring...please come!!!

No comments: