As I was preparing lunch one day, I called Elijah in to wash his hands. Here was our conversation:
Me~ Elijah, come here!
Elijah~ What Mom?
Me~ It is time to wash your hands for lunch.
Elijah~ I not Ewijah. I not anyone.
Me~ Well I don't know who you are but you need to go wash your hands.
At this point I had assumed that he was claiming to be no one so that he wouldn't have to do what I was telling him to do.
I was wrong.
We sit down for lunch and I started yet another conversation with "Elijah". Or so I thought. I addressed him and before I could go on he said, "I NOT Ewijah! I anyone."
Please, meet Anyone:
Not much time had past before he introduced me to his friend, "Wisa". She frequently takes on the role of Lisa. Or sometimes Deluce!?!?
Once we had finished lunch he let it be known that he was no longer Anyone, he was now Elijah. We haven't seen Anyone since that day.
It took me a few days to figure where he got this idea to call himself Anyone. Kyle left this message on the answering machine one day, he knew we were home so he was talking, waiting for someone to pick up. The kids love to listen to that it over and over and over again. Well in that message Kyle says, "Someone pick up the phone. Anyone? Anyone?"
I just love how just about anything can become entertainment when it involves kids!!

No comments:
Post a Comment