The "time" has come.
And passed really.
I can no longer put this off.
I finally bit the bullet and converted Elijah's crib. I kept meaning to, but my mind always came up with a reason not to. Let's face it, there would always be some excuse not to.
Right?
Right?!?
So, I no longer feel like a bad mom and he loves his "big boy bed". Poor guy thinks this is really it! Oh well.
This is only step one, but that means we are one step closer.
Things are looking up.
So the first day he used his small construction vehicle blanket that Meme made him. I was so concerned he would fall out of his bed and I searched for days to find the bar that comes with the crib that is supposed to prevent this. To no avail. It is gone. Or has fallen into the black hole otherwise known as our attic.
When Ella was young and we converted her crib I used her twin comforter and tucked it in all over so she couldn't fall out. I wasn't as concerned with her cause she wasn't all over her bed all night. Elijah however, for years, slept sideways in his bed. So after a few nights I decided to put my mind at ease and use his twin comforter.
The weird thing...
He hadn't fallen out of bed yet. And the first night with the comforter he didn't fall out. But then every night after that for about a week he would fall out of bed around 4 a.m. Every. Night.
Ugh. So at 4 a.m. one morning while helping him back to bed I made a declaration. Today would be the day I get him a new bed. It was my mission. I was not giving up until the mission was completed. I had had enough!
I do have one funny to document out of this. On one of these aforementioned nights he was crying hysterically. I ran in there thinking he must be hurt and when I opened the door he was about 6 feet from his bed, looking dazed and confused. He looked at me and said, "Momma, it dark in here. I can't find my bed!"
So cute. So sweet. Sometimes he just melts my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment