.... not so simple, according to Ella. She just lost her 4th tooth and I swear it is more and more traumatic each time! She lets those poor teeth hang on by the littlest threads. It is as if she is about to lose an arm! This tooth, as I said, was the worst. The poor child did not eat an entire day because she could not bite into anything. And even soft foods, like yogurt, when she would close her mouth the dangling tooth would hit her bottom teeth and she would freak out!
I begged her to pull it out.
I bribed her to let me pull it out.
I told her I would give her $2 to pull it out. Kyle told her he would match that. (And of course, the tooth fairy would give her money too.)
Nope.
No price was quite enough motivation.
By that evening I had had enough complaining and whining everytime the thing would start bleeding. She called Kyle about it and he told her if she let me pull it out he would bring her home a toy. I was not sure I loved that idea but what can you do? She told him she wanted a TinkerBell doll and he said okay.
Next thing I know she comes to me and tells me she will be brave and let me pull it out. I jumped on that quickly as I wasn't sure she wouldn't change her mind. I barely had to touch the thing for it to fall out. Once that was over it was a happy day! No more worries.
The toy that Ella requested was something she saw around Christmas time. A TinkerBell doll whose wings flutter when you push a button on the back. No such luck finding that thing in town, the only place it was available was Amazon! So we settled on a similar toy that I thought she would like just the same. For the record, I was correct. ;)

The tooth fairy also brought her $2. I figure the first 4 "big" teeth deserve some bigger recognition but from here on out it is a quarter a tooth!
Here is her sweet, toothless grin.

1 comment:
a quarter per tooth? you got that 25 years ago . . .
Post a Comment